Software Developer (Full Stack)
Are you a bit of an aviation fan that’s fascinated with understanding how airlines work behind the scenes? Want to use your excellent development skills in an established and growing global software company or within the airline and aviation industry?
Takeflite is a cloud-based (Azure) software service designed for Regional Airlines, Aviation Companies and their Passengers. The fully integrated services digitally transform every aspect of an airline or aviation company, from booking an air ticket, managing operations, maintaining an aircraft and everything in between. Founded in 2005, Takeflite now powers over 70 regional airlines operating in over 30 countries.
Takeflite is a fully remote working company with team members located throughout New Zealand, Australia, United States and Africa. We are a company that embraces the latest online tools to effectively communicate within our teams and overall company daily and we have a team culture that values personal responsibility, collaboration, innovation, individuality and growth.
Takeflite is seeking a Software Developer to design, develop, implement systems and work collaboratively with our team to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions. This role combines technical vision, software development, and proven team and people experience. This role requires diverse and very strong software and cloud skills and the ability to determine the most suitable outcomes when many options are available.
This is a permanent, full-time, work from home position, ideally based in the Auckland or Wellington area but we’re happy to consider candidates in other parts of New Zealand. You must be legally entitled to work in NZ. This role is ready to be filled immediately and offers a highly competitive pay package as well as opportunities aplenty with diverse solutions.
- Function as a trusted company Software Engineer, developing and supporting Takeflite solutions as part of the Takeflite’s agile development team
- Utilise development team standards, tools, techniques and appropriate development methods within, but not limited to, an agile framework
- Support the transition of legacy code to a modern cloud-based stack
- Become an integral development team member
- Collaborating to ensure positive actions and being accountability
- Delivering solutions that support Takeflite’s governance and coding structures
- Support the team to deliver prioritised workloads and retain business knowledge
- Help maintain a positive team culture
- Help maximise Takeflite’s use of the Azure cloud to take advantage of key product advantages, including machine learning, artificial intelligence, and other available advanced technologies
- Collaborate with the customer facing team members and others to deliver effective and timely solutions
- Help produce and maintain technical documentation working collaboratively with stakeholders
- Assist in continuous business improvement to software solutions and business applications, while gaining an understanding of stakeholder’s processes and procedures
- Understand cross-solution dependencies, identifying gaps or overlaps and proposing solutions to mitigate risk
- Support the successful deployment of software solutions into the production environment
QUALIFICATIONS – Required
- To be a New Zealand resident or citizen.
- Highly developed software architecture, design and development skills
- Experience with Azure; Azure SQL, Redis, Web Apps, Service Bus, Functions and more
- Proficient in SQL, C#, VB, ASP.NET, .Net Core, WCF, WebAPI
- Experience with Git for source control versioning
- Experience with Visual Studio, Team Services (VSTS) for DevOps or similar
- Experience in application integration
- Ability and comfort to collaborate with a diverse geographical team via a remote work environment
- Tertiary qualified with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
QUALIFICATIONS – Strongly Preferred
- Ability to successfully work and communicate with teams and individuals crossing multiple stakeholders and businesses
- Proven problem-solving skills as well as the ability to “get the job done” efficiently, rather than being too much of a perfectionist
- A passion for delivering outstanding service with a strong focus on customer needs
- Confidence in estimating project timeframes and efforts
- Ability to integrate into a diverse team of individuals
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced Agile environment, adapt to shifting urgencies, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience in Unit testing using frameworks.
- Knowledge of the airline and/or travel industries and related technologies
Apply for this position