For all our airline clients out there who are active in Google paid advertising and like to keep up with the latest from Google check out this TechCrunch article with a great link through to the AdWords blog that our Takeflite Creative team found interesting.
Safety Management / QA system includes:
- Occurrences (aka incidents). Whether it's an in-flight occurrence or a maintenance defect, you document the entire Occurrence in detail.
- Actions. Be able to assign specific actions to users, define a specific due date if necessary and get the users to record their responses.
- Follow up items. Document and track all the follow up items once an Occurrence is completed.
- Hazards and Risks. Quickly and easily document all your hazards, then determine the risk based on a risk matrix that you have approved.
- Notifications. When new Occurrences are logged or actions assigned to users, the system can notify you via Email, SMS (txt) and the internal Takeflite Messaging service.
- Document Management. Upload files (i.e. pictures, PDFs, videos) against your Occurrences, Hazards and Audit Findings.
- Dashboard. Easily see what is assigned to you, what is coming and overdue.
- Audit trails. Be confident that the system is tracking all changes made by users.
Latest from Takeflite Blog
Take a look at this really interesting presentation by the Microsoft Hololens team explaining how its holographic augmented reality headset is assisting the training of pilots and mechanics in the airline industry, in this case Japan Airlines. This new technology helps to make training safer and offers more flexibility to learn because you can do it anywhere with your headset!
Get in touch
- Contact: Geoff Baldwin
- Contact: Jason Hopkins
Africa/ Middle East
- Contact: Neil Middleton